miércoles, 26 de noviembre de 2014

Speaking part 1 in KET

In part 1 the examiner asks you questions about a number of topics. The type of personal questions the examiner can ask you are similar to the questions below:

1) What's you name?
2) What's your surname?
3) How do you spell it?
4) How old are you?
5) Where do you live?
6) Can you tell me something about... your family / your school?
7) Do you have any hobbies? What do you like doing in your free time?
8) What sports do you like?
9) What do you usually do at the weekend?
10) Why are you learning English?
11) What sort of music do you like?

There are always a number of questions where you speak about the PAST. For example:

1) What did you do last weekend? or What did you do yesterday?
2) Did you go away on holidays last year? Where did you go? Did you have a good time? What did you do while you were on holidays?
3)

There are also some questions about the FUTURE. For example:

1) What will you do after this class?
2) What are you going to do next weekend?

This month you have to select some of these questions and prepare a logical answer. Once you have written your answers on a piece of paper, check that everything is correct in terms of gramar and vocabulary.

When you are happy with the final product, record your voice asking and answering these questions. Record yourself as many times as you wish until you are happy with the recording, ok?

Finally, write an answer in this blog explaining:

a) Was it difficult to do this task? Why (not)?
b) Did you have any technological problems to record your voice? If so, what did you do to solve them?
c) Do you think you could answer these questions in the future in a natural way?

Once you have written an answer in this blog, send an email to your teacher and attach the audio files you have created with your voice recorded answering the questions. She will listen to you and give you a score for this task.

Aspects your teacher will consider for correcting:

     - Your pronunciation

     - The vocabulary you have used

     - The grammar expressions you have used (present, past and future)

     - Your fluency

     - The use of connectors and linkers to join sentences. Example: and, but, because, so, etc.

Good luck and hope you hear from you very soon!!!



11 comentarios:

  1. it was easy, because this we learn in class. I don't have any problem with the recording.Because I have a application in my tablet, and I send you a email in the gmail with the recording. I think yes I can do I only need a bit of vocabulary and correct my pronunciation.
    Regards.
    Adriana

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Dear Adriana,

      I am very happy to hear you have found this activity easy to do. It's very useful to have apps in tablets and mobiles to do this type of things. You are also right when you say you need a bit of vocabulary and pay attention to pronunciation. If you do so, the task is normally well-done. Well, that's all. As soon as I listen to your file, I will inform you.

      Bye! :)

      Eliminar
    2. Dear Adriana,

      I have just heard your recording and it's very good. You sound natural and the pronunciation is fine although you have made some mistakes. For example, when you speak about something that you like, you only say "I like very much". In English, we need to say what we like. Thus, you have to say "I like it very much", ok?

      Be careful with the verb LIKE in English as it is almost always followed by another verb in -ing. Thus, when you say "In my free time I like go to the park", you should have said "In my free time I like going to the park", right?

      In general, the activity is good so you get a B++

      Congratulations! :)

      Eliminar
  2. No, because I don't think they were difficult questions.
    No, I didn't.
    I hope so.
    See you on Monday,
    Marta

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Dear Marta,

      I have just heard your recordings and they are quite good. The pronunciation is also fine. However, you need to pay attention to spelling. Listen again to th way you spell your surname and correct it, ok?

      Remember that the verb LIKE is followed by another verb ending in -ing. So when you say "I like watch series" you have to say "I like watching series", alright?

      Why don't you listen again to the answer you gave for the question "Why are you learning English?". In my opinión, it sounds a bit strange, don't you think?

      Finally, in the past question where you answer "I was the Rioja", you should have said "I went to La Rioja", ok?

      Apart from those things, the recording was natural and clear. I am happy to hear that you didn't find the questions difficult to answer and that you didn't have any technological problems.

      Your final mark for this task is B.

      Congratulations! :)

      Eliminar
  3. a) There are difficult questions, for example the past and the future, because I don't control this times.
    b) I don't problems.
    c)Some...yes. Is difficult, but I need the practice.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Dear Júlia,

      I have just heard your recordings and they are really good. You sound very natural and clear and it's very easy to understand what you say. Your pronunciation is also good.

      There are some minor mistakes, though. For example: you say "My boyfriend study", but you should say "my boyfriend studies". In another sentence you say "I do homeworks" but in English the word "homework" never has a plural -s, ok?

      Anyway, except for a few things the recording is very good and you have successfully done all the questions. And although you say that some of the questions in past and future were difficult for you because you don't control these verbal tenses very well, you have answered really well.

      Your final mark for this task is A-

      Congratulations! :)

      Eliminar
  4. a)It was a little difficult because I can not answer the past

    b)I had problem because the audio does not let me become to mp3, with a friend who happened me and send a program

    c)I think if, if I try and work

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. For me it wasn't difficult, because I did it in the school.
    I have one problem, but I pass the audio in the computer and I was searching how to send audios in gmail.
    Why not? But I need to practise for do it very well.
    Sorry for delete the first answer but it has mistakes.
    See you, Clara

    ResponderEliminar
  7. It was a litle dificulte because i cant answer the future.
    I don't have problems to record the voice
    I think yes
    See you Roger

    ResponderEliminar